This is a wonderful, easy leftover turkey recipe using Wise® Golden Original potato chips. You can also use chicken or pork if you have that on hand. These are delicious served with leftover gravy, cranberry sauce, ketchup, or any other dip you can think of!
- 2 cups finely minced leftover turkey
- 1 cup leftover seasoned mashed potatoes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 green onions, with a few inches of green, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced (you can omit if using garlic mashed potatoes)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 cups finely crushed Wise® Golden Original potato chips.
Combine the turkey, mashed potatoes, parsley, and black pepper. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add green onions and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the flour and stir until well blended. Stir in chicken broth and milk. continue cooking, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add salt, to taste. Combine with the turkey mixture, blending well. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 1 to 2 hours.
Put 1/2 cup of flour in a plate. Beat eggs in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of water. Put the crushed potato chips in another bowl.
Shape croquette mixture into 1 1/2-inch balls. Roll gently in the flour to coat, then in the egg until coated. Coat with potato chips. Place on a waxed paper or foil-lined cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining turkey mixture and chips. Let the croquettes stand for about 30 to 45 minutes to dry a bit.
Heat oil to about 360°. Fry the croquettes in small batches for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, depending on size, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with hot turkey gravy and cranberry sauce as part of a post-holiday meal or as appetizers for guests.
Makes about 16 to 18 1 1/2-inch croquettes.